Written for today’s generation of cooks and food enthusiasts, the cookbook “Parsi Cuisine Manna of the 21st Century” by Rita Jamshed Kapadia provides a treasure trove of recipes, along with an immersive cultural experience for those seeking to understand this ancient and timeless cuisine. Besides being a reference, a coffee table item, it also makes a ideal gift for your children and friends.
“Parsi Cuisine Manna of the 21st Century” provides classical and regional Parsi / Parsee recipes as well as an introduction to Parsi heritage, history, and culture. The book’s full color photographs and 340 pages are intertwined with descriptions of ancient and modern Parsi ceremonies, folktales, anecdotes.
Our Parsi Cuisine cookbooks are a labor of love. The cookbooks began in an effort to maintain and preserve our recipes and traditions for the next generation, many of whom have been raised in USA, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Canada and other countries outside of India.
Parsi Zarathushtis from India have settled in North America and other continents making the land they live in their home. Adapting to the local produce available, Parsi Cuisine takes on a nuance of that local area. This style of cooking incorporates Indian, Persian, Asian, Mediterranean and other styles.
Many of the recipes are the original dishes cooked by Parsi women and “babarchis” (cooks) from Surat, Navsari and Bharuch – bringing to life and preserving cuisine that may otherwise be lost forever. These cookbooks have authentic, tested mouth-watering recipes with historical background of traditional Parsi Cuisine. Parsi, Persian and Indian Heritage background is given wherever appropriate. I have tried to emphasize how nutritious Parsi-style of cooking is even now in the 21st century.
- New Recipes adapted from Sixteenth-Century Parsi cookbooks, tested and made in USA.
- Vasanu is a healthy vitamin rich food; take 2 teaspoons with your morning breakfast.
- Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Mutton, Eggs, Liver and other protein rich foods make the diet to build muscles.
- Jardaloo ma Gosht is as nutritious and healthy as it was in the 18th Apricots are “fruits for the kings” is what I tell my kids, they are delicious with any meat.
- Love cupcakes? Try these mava-cakes. Fun to prepare! Just now in the 21st century, Mumbai is seeing the decline of favorite Irani Bakeries. Mava cakes have been the signature pastry of many Irani bakeries in Mumbai, India.
- Vegetarian, Persian and unique British Raj era foods explained
- A glance at a few hundred years of the history of Parsi Cooking
- Master recipes with photos illustrating the steps.
- Color photos of most recipes with tips on presentation
I hope these cookbooks inspire you to cook and use as a reference cookbook for friends. Gift it, Display it, makes an excellent Coffee Table Book!
All cookbooks are also available as EBooks (see below for Amazon.com)
Best wishes for good health and good food, Jamva Chaloji !
Purchase direct from me. I now accept Credit Card Payments via Paypal. <- Click on link.
I will be glad to answer your inquiries. Please email me. Rita@ParsiCuisine.com