These are Original Recipes of the Parsi way of cooking in India.
The religious and ethical literature of the Parsis is derived chiefly from the Avesta. Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds is the essence of the Zoroastrian’s daily life. Their cooking combines Techniques and Ingredients from all over the world. You will find a unique blend of spices, that makes the food very appetizing, nutritious and wholesome.
Vegetables, Meats and Dairy products are the foundation. Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cardamon, Rosewater etc, flavor the food and remind us of the sweetness of life. Curry Powder, Ginger, Garlic, etc add the zest!
Happy Cooking and enjoy the fruits of your labor !
Many Recipes from our cookbook series are available here for you to try at home for free below:
Egg Dishes (See Eggs Cookbook)
- Akuri (Scrambled Eggs with spices)
- Omelette (Poro) is a wonderful breakfast dish, spicy and goes well with jam and toast.
- Spanish Omelette
- Persian Omelette – Kokoo Sabzi
- Ravo is a sweet semolina breakfast. (made on auspicious occasions)
- Fried Eggs
- Chapat are pancakes done the parsi way
- Bharuchi Akuri (Scrambled Eggs with raisins and nuts)
- Egg Vindaloo
- Bhida par Eeda (Eggs and Okra)
- Tabota par Eeda (Indian-Spiced Tomato and Egg Casserole)
- Bhaji par Eeda (Spinach and Eggs)
- Ghee Gor ni Rotli
Desserts (See Desserts Cookbook)
- Ghari Surat ni
- Ghari khajoor ni
- Marzipan for making badam ni boi
- Dudh na Puff (Parsi old time favorite)
- Bhakhra is a parsi snack or dessert. Enjoyed at tea or after a meal.
- Sev is made from the thinnest vermicelli (wheat)
- Kulfi (Icecream)
- Nankhatai Biscuits
- Lagan nu Custard (from India and British times)
- Dal ni Pori
- Sandhra & Hariso
- Coconut Khaman Lavra (from cookbook)
- Rich Milk Pudding (vegetarian recipe)